Season 2 - Episode 2
Affordable Abode: Budgets and Finances
by Carlisle Homes
Let’s face it, no dream home becomes a reality without addressing the finances first!
To help us navigate the world of finance and budgets are Janine Armstrong, General Manager of Marketing for Carlisle Homes and Mark Polatkesen, a seasoned Mortgage Broker and Director of Mortgage Domayne.
Together, they provide a comprehensive guide to the financial considerations first home buyers need to make when considering building their first home, all while simplifying the complexities of the process. They cover everything from saving for a deposit, government incentives and schemes, the importance of loan pre-approvals, and setting a realistic budget.
Together, we discuss:
- The financial considerations you need to make if choosing to build your first home.
- The accessibility of deposits for first home buyers and the impact of government incentives.
- Benefits of having parental guarantors.
- Transparency of costs without compromising quality and lifestyle with Carlisle’s EasyLiving series.
- House and land packages and the benefits of purchasing your
- The benefits of early finance planning and timeline creation, including site start date.
- Mortgage brokers and how they differ from banks.
- Differences in home loans and the benefits of offset accounts and redraws.
- Why it’s so important to have a supportive team behind you when buying a home.
Discover the power of knowing your numbers. Don’t miss this episode for all the financial know-how you need to turn your dream home into a reality.
Janine Armstrong – GM of Marketing, Carlisle Homes
Mark Polatkesen – Director, Mortgage Domayne
Subscribe to the Home Files newsletter at the bottom of this page.
This podcast is proudly brought to you by Carlisle Homes – Australia’s Most Professional Volume Builder for 2023 awarded by the Housing Industry Association.
Everything we talk about on this podcast is general in nature and doesn’t consider your own circumstances. Please speak to a licensed financial advisor or a professional consultant for personalised information.
Start your home building journey today
Carlisle Homes is your number one source of unique home designs in Melbourne. Thanks to our reputation and connections in the market, we’ve managed to put together the most complete house design offering. Whether you need a home designed in a specific style or size, we are confident that we can help you build it from the ground up!
Images are for illustrative purposes only and may depict upgrade options available. Some images may also depict features not supplied by Carlisle including landscaping, water features, window furnishings, fireplaces, wall furnishes and finishes, decorative lighting, decor and furniture. Carlisle reserves the right to withdraw or change pricing, inclusions or promotion without notice. Speak to a Sales Consultant for further details or visit carlislehomes.com.au/disclaimer. ©2024 Carlisle Homes PTY LTD. Registered Building Practitioner CBD-U 50143.