Season 2 - Episode 1
First-home buyers: Choosing to build a new home
by Carlisle Homes
Welcome back to Home Files Season 2!
In our first episode, we’re joined by two absolute powerhouses from the home building industry: Lisa Nightingale, Group Sales Manager for Carlisle Homes and Emily Wood, General Manager for Brand and Customer at Frasers Property – an Australian land developer that creates the residential communities where new homes are built.
Each with over 20 years of experience, Lisa and Emily share invaluable insights on finding the perfect neighbourhood, selecting the right block and ensuring your chosen home and location is the perfect fit for you.
Together, we discuss:
- The benefits of building in a new land estate, emphasising the sense of community when building from the ground up together with others.
- The EasyLiving series from Carlisle Homes and why it is such an affordable and accessible option for first home buyers.
- How the profile of first home buyers has changed.
- Why moving into a well-looked-after, master-planned estate is so beneficial.
- The property market changes and its impact on the home building market.
- How builders and land developers are working together to provide more options and flexibility for customers, including a variety of land sizes to suit various budgets and fixed price house and land packages.
- Essential advice on selecting the right block for your new home considering factors like frontage, easements and fall.
- The importance of considering personal circumstances in any home-buying decisions, and why trust and open communication with any builder you choose is so important.
Tune into this episode for all the insights you need to determine if building your first home is the right choice for you.
Lisa Nightingale – Group Sales Manager, Carlisle Homes
Emily Wood – General Manager for Brand and Customer, Frasers Property, an Australian land developer
Subscribe to the Home Files newsletter at the bottom of this page.
This podcast is proudly brought to you by Carlisle Homes – Australia’s Most Professional Volume Builder for 2023 awarded by the Housing Industry Association.
Everything we talk about on this podcast is general in nature and doesn’t consider your own circumstances. Please speak to a licensed financial advisor or a professional consultant for personalised information.
Start your home building journey today
Carlisle Homes is your number one source of unique home designs in Melbourne. Thanks to our reputation and connections in the market, we’ve managed to put together the most complete house design offering. Whether you need a home designed in a specific style or size, we are confident that we can help you build it from the ground up!
Images are for illustrative purposes only and may depict upgrade options available. Some images may also depict features not supplied by Carlisle including landscaping, water features, window furnishings, fireplaces, wall furnishes and finishes, decorative lighting, decor and furniture. Carlisle reserves the right to withdraw or change pricing, inclusions or promotion without notice. Speak to a Sales Consultant for further details or visit carlislehomes.com.au/disclaimer. ©2024 Carlisle Homes PTY LTD. Registered Building Practitioner CBD-U 50143.