How to Add Wow Factor with Lovelight Window Treatments
by Carlisle Homes
From light-filtering sheers to blockout curtains, the right window treatments can do it all.
Window treatments don’t just finish off the look of a room, they can boost privacy, frame a beautiful view and add a cosy and inviting feel to a space. Done right, they make your house feel like a home from the moment you walk through the front door. As such, our advice is to plan your window treatments early during the planning stages for your new home so you can move in stress-free.
We’re delighted to offer a range of stunning curtains, blinds, and shutters from Australian brand Lovelight for your new Carlisle home. Lovelight has been providing premium window furnishings at affordable prices to Australian architects, designers, and developers since 1959. With a focus on quality, style, performance, and design innovation, they are Australia’s window-dressing experts.
Here are the beautiful Lovelight window treatments available for your new home:
S-fold sheer curtains
This style is perfect for adding a soft, contemporary feel to a room, while gently filtering the light. S-fold sheer curtains hang in a wave that runs the length of a window and look stunning in a lounge, family, or dining room. They come in a range of fabrics, including blockout fabrics that cut out the light in a bedroom.
Pencil pleat curtains
If you prefer a relaxed, gathered look at your windows with a little more fullness than sheers, pencil pleat curtains are well-worth considering. With their neat and consistent folds, pencil pleat curtains create a cosy and casual effect that works a treat in a family lounge or dining room. A range of fabrics are available, including light-blocking fabrics for bedrooms.
For superior light control, privacy and ventilation, classic plantation shutters are hard to beat; simply adjust the louvres to control how much light and ventilation you want in a room. Plantation shutters are custom-sized for your windows, creating a crisp and tailored look in your home. Use them in bedrooms, living and family rooms, a study or kids’ area.
A simple, affordable, and highly effective window treatment that can be used anywhere from a lounge to a bathroom, depending on the fabric you choose. Choose roller blinds in a performance fabric and they can help keep your home cooler by blocking out the sun’s harsh rays. They can also be automated for added convenience.
If you love a traditional look and don’t favour curtains, Roman blinds make an appealing alternative. They are designed to pleat when the fabric is raised, creating a softening effect in a lounge, entry, family room or bedroom, and they’re great for controlling light, airflow and privacy. Multiple fabrics are available, including blockout fabrics for a darkening effect.
Venetians are a budget-friendly window solution that gives you superior light control and privacy. If you like the look of wood venetians, but want to use them in a wet room, such as a bathroom or laundry, PVC wood-look venetians are a brilliant option – they are waterproof, lightweight, fire-resistant, and budget-friendly.
If you’re looking to draw nature into your home, timber venetians are a great way to achieve it. A versatile option that can be left natural or painted in the colour of your choice, timber venetians are ideal for kitchens, living spaces, family areas, bedrooms and studies.
Here are some fantastic window-furnishing ideas to match some of our latest and greatest colour schemes, as provided by our expert interior designers.
- Coal Look: This bold look features layers of grey across furniture, walls and carpet, dark timber joinery and plenty of texture. Emphasise the rich and dramatic feel, while adding a softening touch, with S-fold sheers in a warm grey, textural fabric at the windows of your lounge, dining room and bedrooms.
- Glacier Look: With its soft greens, oceanic blues and creamy white walls, this look oozes understated elegance. Make a lounge or family room feel bright and open with off-white S-fold sheers at the window and crisp white plantation shutters in the study and kids’ activity zone. Or, for a touch of colour, consider roller blinds in soft sage or powdery blue.
- New Nordic Look: Layers of gentle, earthy tones across walls, upholstery and art, and mid-tone timber furniture give this look a laid-back and cocooning feel. Keep it simple and tonal with roller blinds in a buttery tone to match the walls of the kitchen, bathroom and laundry, and breezy S-fold sheers in off-white in your living spaces. Natural timber venetians in living spaces and bedrooms would also look great with this look.
- Hamptons Coastal: Classic Hamptons is a style that’s likely to never date, and it works beautifully in Australian family homes. Play up the relaxed yet sophisticated feel with Roman blinds or pencil pleat curtains in a plain ecru linen or a subtly patterned fabric and add timeless white plantation shutters to your bedrooms and study.
Tips for keeping your budget in check
If you’re looking for an affordable way to dress your windows, focus on practicality first – privacy, light control – and add decorative touches later. Here’s how:
- Stage 1: Install a sheer roller blind on your bathroom and on the windows facing the street, and a blockout blind on each bedroom window. Voila! Your windows are dressed when you move in, and you can worry about the rest later.
- Stage 2: Time to decorate the bedrooms; add sheer curtains over the blockout blinds to add softness to the rooms and a decorative touch. Another priority at this stage may be some heavy curtaining for your rear doors to keep out the cold.
- Stage 3: Add style with some detailed window furnishings such as Roman blinds or shutters in activity areas such as upstairs activity zones or study.
Visit one of our beautifully designed display homes across Melbourne and Victoria to get window furnishing ideas and to see how the right style can add magic to a space. You will find a full display of window treatments on display in our new Spectra Selection Centre where our design experts will help with all the options for your new home.