Property Investment Opportunities
Residential property investment has historically performed as a solid and stable investment opportunity - consistently delivering a strong return for medium to long-term investors. But before you dive in, it pays to be clear about your investment expectations and what you hope to achieve.
Investing in property is more predictable, more stable and helps long term wealth creation.
One of the best things about investing in residential property is that it provides a predictable rate of financial return in the form of rental income (cash flow). This helps you to predict reasonably accurately if the property is worth investing in and also helps you build a robust, long-term wealth creation strategy.
The advantages of investing in a newly-built residential property:
- Government stamp duty concessions for new residential properties
- Older properties usually need significant maintenance and upkeep and may require costly repairs. New homes have much less ongoing maintenance than older ones.
- A Carlisle Homes newly built home has undergone a rigorous quality control process throughout construction, also 3 months after settlement we undertake a comprehensive 100-point Warranty
- Inspection to make sure everything is just how you like it.
- Depending on the area you build your home in, a brand new home is more likely to attract a premium rental return, versus an older more “lived in” house.
- All Carlisle Homes are built with high quality materials that are designed to go the distance and come with a 10-year Structural Guarantee.
- The interior design elements of your new investment property will be on-trend thanks to SPECTRA - our cutting edge selection centre.
Property investment is a stable form of retirement investment – especially for those considering setting up their own Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF).
In recent years global financial markets have taken a battering and many seniors have lost significant chunks of their super investment by being part of once-reliable retail funds. That’s why Self Managed Super Funds (SMSFs) are becoming more and more popular - as is SMSF property investment. To find out more about how to set up property investment as part of your SMSF talk to our consultants at the Loan Studio.
Property investment options.
Each property investor is unique; this is why Carlisle Homes offers a range of property investment opportunities:
Investment property checklist.
Finally, it pays to think about what you hope to achieve with your investment property, some important things to take into consideration include:
- What kind of tenants would be ideal? Young couples with kids? Or empty-nesters with steady retirement income?
- Be careful of overcapitalizing on your property – it may make recouping investment costs unachievable. But if you’re thinking about living in the house yourself later on, then overcapitalizing is probably less important.
- Size of the property is important. Too large and rental income may be insufficient to cover cost of the property. Too small and you may not get the kind of tenants you want.
- Do you need regular income from your investment property? Or additional income to superannuation? Is rental demand high in the area you’re looking to build?
Information is power – seek sound, qualified property advice before making a decision to invest in property.
When it comes to property investment the more you know, the more successful your outcome will be. Take the time to consult with a qualified financial advisor such as a property investment consultant from the Loan Studio.
Need more information about investing in residential property?
Please enquire now or call 03 9560 1779 to speak to one of our property investment consultants.